Gone are the days of having to wear a strappy vest under a low cut dress or top. Most people have even tried putting a safety pin to close the gap that some tops have but in time this can cause damage such as holes to the middle. Some people have even resorted to sewing up the gap or taking in the shoulders to make the top or dress shorter but this can affect the shape and fall of the dress/top.
You no longer need to avoid buying clothes that are low cut or revealing anymore as there are plenty of solutions that women inventors have been able to come up with.
Modesty panels are small fabric cuttings that have small clips attached to them so they clip on to your existing bra strap. They come in many different colours and have been proven to be very popular with both men and women. Men find it a comfort than their wives or partners no longer bear too much flesh since this clever solution hit the market.
The bosom button is also a great solution to tops that cross over in the middle but reveal too much flesh. The bosom button is like a pin but with a decorative head such as a gem, great for low plunging necklines that have a large gape and for v neck tops that are too wide. It’s also a good item to have for other uses such as accessorising clothes with a decorative pin, like a sarong, shawl, top or even jean pockets.
Bandeau bras are also a popular and cheap solution as they give you good support and double up as outerwear too. This works well if you have a backless top too as buying a colourful bandeau bra can make the top more exciting and less slutty by also providing support at the same time.
So as you can see there is no longer a reason for women to not be able to buy the clothes they like revealing or not. There is always a solution to clothes that are slightly more revealing than others and the solution is not sewing it up or modifying it in any way. So before you think twice about buying a top or dress just buy it and find a solution to the problem later as you can guarantee that there is a solution to all problematic clothes.
After extreme weight gain followed by weight loss the skin unfortunately loses its elasticity and in some areas of the body the skin will sag and fatty deposits will build up. No amount of exercise or dieting can ever bring back taut skin and in some areas of the body the fat build up will never burn off. This is the problem faced by obese people who have gastric bands fitted to lose the weight and new mothers who did not exercise during pregnancy.
Liposuction is most commonly used to remove excess fat from the stomach and thigh area by using a cannula to suck it out through a small incision. Other areas that liposuction has work well is the buttocks, back and even the face. Sometimes the procedure can go wrong if too much fat is sucked out, the skin will then begin to wrinkle and look worse than before. Some areas of the body such as the thighs may have a permanent ‘dimple’ to where the incision was made to insert the cannula for liposuction. Liposuction has been done on the knee and as it can remove the surrounding fat, but it cannot make the skin taut again.
Ultra lipolyse has just been introduced to England after the demand for this revolutionary procedure became so popular in France. The waiting list for people wanting this procedure grew so much that surgeon who discovered ultra lipolyse decided to see what the demand was for it here in the UK. Unlike liposuction lipolyse does not leave the skin with bruises after the procedure and isn’t so intrusive. Ultra lipolyse is a fibre-optic laser that is inserted under the skin through a small incision, the laser burns the fat and the body discards it naturally. The laser also helps tighten the skin by stimulating the cells to produce collagen; therefore the skin surrounding the knee no longer sags.
People who have undergone liposuction to the knees will find that after the fat has been removed further surgery is required to remove the excess skin around the knee. With lipolyse this is not needed as the fibre-optic laser will break down the fat and make the skin tighter so only the one procedure is needed. Like post surgery liposuction a custom made surgical support legging needs to be worn for around a week or so afterwards. The downtime for this procedure is only a day and you can continue with your normal work routine the day after. Exercise can only be resumed a fortnight after the procedure.
For years eBay has been a very popular auction site but they also sell new items that have never been used before for a much reduced price. You can buy pretty much anything off eBay as cars; holidays and even houses can be bought online. The good thing about eBay is that there are many people who set up small businesses that sell items of interest online; it saves them money by not having a shop front so savings are passed onto the customer. There are some traders who sell of unwanted items that are still in high demand such as out of season handbags and shoes, to designer clothes that are no longer needed.
There seems to be an increase in customers who come from wealthy areas on England that are turning to eBay to keep up with the current trends. If you cannot afford to buy the latest designer handbag a replica can be purchased for a fraction of the price but with so many good fakes who will really know the truth.
Years ago many women wouldn’t think twice about paying full price for a £200 dress but since the recession many have been forced to look good on a lemonade budget instead of a champagne lifestyle. There’s nothing wrong in shopping on eBay to buy some designer gear as most of it is a rip off anyway. Shoes, handbags, clothes and accessories are constantly in and out of season that being up to date with the latest trend can be exhausting and financially restricting.
Buying designer goods on eBay
There are many companies that are selling off unwanted stock are reduced rates, they are the real thing but just selling at sale prices. The outlet on eBay was introduced in April 2010 and has proven to be very successful, brand names such as Karen Millen and Bench are among two of the popular brands. Karen Millen dresses can retail for £150 can be found for as little as half the price in the outlet section.
If you are worried about purchasing expensive items such as sunglasses and handbags then make sure you check the sellers score rating and comments to see if they are trustworthy and genuine products. If you use paypal to purchase items through eBay then you will be safe if anything was to happen with your product as eBay would refund you your money should you end up in a dispute with a seller.
Having a miscarriage can have devastating effects not only emotionally but also it can damage a marriage as some couples do not know how to cope. If you have a good relationship and communicate well then it eases the sadness and inability to cope but if you have an unsupportive husband or partner that cannot approach the subject or doesn’t know what to say it can cause problems.
Pregnancy after miscarriage
After a missed miscarriage the nurse may give you details on support groups or counsellors that may be able to help you through this distressing time. If they don’t and you really need some support then contact your GP or practice nurse who will be able to advise you. Some women so not feel ready for sex a while after and depending how far along you were its normal to bleed for some time afterwards. The nurse or obstetrician will advise you to wait at least a few months to heal and recover both emotionally and physically. Some places even recommend waiting at least 6 months before falling pregnant again.
There is no right or wrong answer as to when you should try again after a miscarriage; you should do so when you are ready. A recent study has shown that women do not need to wait much time after a miscarriage to start trying again as previously thought. Most women postpone trying to conceive again for fear of having another miscarriage. Studies have shown that women who get pregnant within 6 months of a miscarriage are most likely to go on and have a healthy pregnancy and baby. Those that wait longer are at higher risk of having another miscarriage; if you have problems carrying a foetus full term your obstetrician many put a stitch in place to help prevent another miscarriage. If you have previously had a miscarriage then you will be closely monitored the next time you fall pregnant and may need to have tests more frequently to check progress is good.
There is no reason why women should be scared of trying to conceive again as miscarriages are unfortunately not as uncommon as people may think. One in five pregnancies ends in miscarriage most before 12 weeks gestation.
- Eat healthy food
- Lose weight if you are slightly overweight before trying to conceive
- Try not to stress
- If you have a stressful job that is very demanding see if you can change tasks whilst pregnant
- Listen to your body
With so many people in the UK suffering from medical ailments it’s hard for GP’s not to over prescribe unnecessary medicines to treat these illnesses. The most common medical complaints in the UK are back ache, knee and joint problems and bunions. Simple advice such as correcting posture when sitting and walking is given but after a lifetime of bad habits these mistakes are hard to correct. Over the past few years there have been many shoes that have promised to help treat or even banish medical problems, some shoes have even promised better fitness workouts.
Health and fitness shoes
Shoes for bunions – these have been around for a while but they look very odd and old fashioned. Celebrities such as Kirsten Dunst and Maggie Gyllenhaal have been seen wearing these as they are wider than standard shoes and more comfortable to wear. Medical research has found that these are suitable only for people who have small bunions those whose bunions are more pronounced like Victoria Beckham will have more problems by continuous wear.
Sketchers shape ups – they are hideous looking shoes that take you back to the days of the Spice Girls but they are said to correct joint pains, correct posture and firm up thigh, bum and stomach muscles by correcting posture as you walk. The soft liner inside the shoe absorbs any impact so you don’t feel it. People who have worn these on a daily basis have found it help them tone up.
Sandals for heel and lower back pain – there are sandals that can be worn at home or on holiday that will soothe aching heels and prevent back strain. The sandal has a raised arc on the inner part that corrects the natural arc in the foot, by treating this you will have less tired feet and a healthy back.
Diabetic shoes – there is a popular version made by Crocs that are slightly bigger and more cushioned on the inside. The front is also enclosed so you can avoid any injuries to feet, as diabetics have very thin skin on the feet it’s easier to be injured that’s why these shoes are ideal. The only problem is if you wear them without socks you may be at risk of falling over or losing your footing as they can be quite roomy barefoot.
There are many more shoes on the market that are said to treat or banish any medical problems but before spending money on these cures speak to your doctor first as some may not be suitable for your illness.
When you’re at the end of your 2WW (two week wait) it so hard not to over analyse everything to work out if you are pregnant or not. There are many forums that offer advice for women who may suspect that they are pregnant but not everyone gets the same symptoms to suspect early pregnancy. Here are just some of the most common tell tale signs that you may be pregnant.
Top 10 pregnancy signs
- Tender nipples and breasts are what many women report as an early sign of pregnancy. This is because of the higher levels of hormones that are in the body after conception, they tenderness does settle down soon after though.
- Cramping is a sign that the uterus is contracting and is experienced by many women in early pregnancy; it can be a good sign. If the cramping gets worse and persist then it may mean something’s wrong so you should visit your doctor.
- Darker areolas are supposed to be a sure sign that you are pregnant too, many women also report that veins appear more prominent on breasts than usual.
- Fatigue can also mean pregnancy if it is experienced early on, as the hormone levels increase the body needs to adjust before it can fully function again.
- Sense of taste can change, some women may go off their favourite food and some even get a metallic taste in their mouth. Sense of smell can also be heightened also.
- Implantation bleeding is a positive sign, it occurs 6-10 days past ovulation, you might see small spots of blood that are dark red or brown. It should be seen only when wiping, if you experienced this then you may have implanted and a pregnancy test should work a few days later after HCG builds up in the body.
- High body temperature that stays elevated until after your period is due is also a good sign that you could be expecting. This only works if you are charting BBT and check your temperature every morning at the same time.
- Nausea is also a sign that you could be pregnant, most women don’t experience sickness until 12 weeks but there are some that get it sooner than others. It doesn’t necessarily have to be in the morning it can happen any time of day, morning, afternoon or even in the evening.
- Frequent urination can also be a sign although many don’t experience this until much later in pregnancy when the baby pushes against the bladder. But the rise in hormone is also said to trigger frequent trips to the loo.
- The last sign is obviously a missed period, if you are regular and find that you are a day or so late, wait a few more days before taking a pregnancy test. Not only are they expensive but they can be devastating and disappointing if you test too soon to find out that you’re period is just late and you are not pregnant.
It may be worth to buy cheap pregnancy tests as the signs for pregnancy are also very similar to PMS, you can buy a bundle that cost the same as store bought only a higher quantity. If you cannot refrain from testing earlier it is advisable to buy tests that are very sensitive as store brand ones such as Early Response and Clear Blue pregnancy tests do not have sensitive levels when t comes to testing for pregnancy.
As back, sack and crack waxing for men is getting popular the idea of a man baring all to a stranger to have his most intimate parts waxed is still quite daunting to most. Most men who have it done do so as a surprise for their partner whereas a small handful of men actually prefer is as it increases sexual pleasure. Whatever your reasons to have it done you should consider doing it yourself or having your partner do it for you. Back, sack and crack waxing is also BSC waxing for those who prefer to shorten it or for not letting the whole worl know what it is.
DIY back, sack and crack wax
If you are serious about getting it done you could have it done professionally first before on spending money on the wax and not being able to through it alone. By having the area waxed once before the hairs should grow back finer making waxing less painful. The first time you have an intimate or sensitive area waxed is always the hardest once you have it done you know what to expect next.
Make sure you exfoliate the area regularly so there are no ingrown hairs, for best results start exfoliating daily 3 days before waxing. When it comes to wax its best to buy wax strips if it’s your first time as it’ll be less messy and less tricky to manoeuvre. If you have your partner do it for you then buy special bikini wax that is designed for sensitive areas, also some waxes harden on the skin and it pulls all the hair easily and relatively pain free. Make sure the area is clean and dry before proceeding; many people prefer being waxed after a shower as the skin is softer and the pores are open making the wax work better at pulling hairs out from the root.
You will need someone to help for this one
- Take wax or wax strips and apply in the same direction as hair growth
- Leave for 3 seconds
- Lift up the edge and pull off in opposite direction of hair growth keeping skin taut
- When finished apply soothing cream containing aloe vera to prevent redness and itching
- Apply wax or wax strips in direction of hair growth
- Keeping skin taut pull off in opposite direction of hair growth
- Its best to be lying down on a flat surface with legs spread apart slightly or one leg bent at the knee to provide better access to area
- The best position is hands and knee with a large mirror being so you can see
- Take wax or wax strips and apply on the inner bum cheek
- Pull off in opposite direction of hair growth
- Crack waxing can feel weird for the first time but after a few tries it can feel very exhilarating
Remember to apply cream afterwards to soothe the area and avoid hot showers or baths immediately after as it may sting the area.
As we all become more aware what goes into the products we use consumers are always on the lookout for alternative beauty products that are more environmentally friendly and contain no animal preservatives. Such make up is also known as ‘halal’ makeup which in turn means kosher by using natural products and dyes rather that those derived from animals and alcohol.
What is in makeup?
How many women who wear makeup actually know what goes in it? Did you know that whale fat is most commonly used in lipstick and pig placenta is used in most make up too? Slugs and snails are also used in makeup so how do you fell now you know what it contains. Most makeup such as blusher and foundation contain man made dyes that are potentially harmful, they can cause wrinkles, spots and sensitivity later in life. The use of make is bad for the skin as it prevents it to breathe naturally and unsightly large or blocked pores can be seen.
Makeup that is free from alcohol and animal parts are a lot safer you know they contain no harsh chemicals and all dyes are found naturally in plants and flowers. In recent years there have been many manufacturers that have cashed in on this trend. First there was the Body Shop now there are similar chains all over the world providing better quality makeup.
Samina halal makeup
I came across a young muslim girl who started her own business of selling halal products, they are made according to strict Islamic laws. After much research many scholars have said that the word halal is often misused and there is no such guidance when it comes to animal produce in makeup. As Samina herself said the reason for starting this ‘halal makeup’ business was because she felt bad wearing makeup whilst praying. By Islamic tradition you are not allowed to wear makeup when you pray so it just doesn’t make sense. It looks like another marketing gimmick to make Muslim women confused into what is allowed and what is not. The range offered is not that good anyway, it is very limited so the colours you usually use is most likely not available.
There are alternatives to ‘halal’ makeup as I am still not convinced, there are many brands such as Origins and Body Shop that has a great organic makeup range that is free from animal or alcohol. You just need to read the label properly and research such products not follow blindly.
When you decide to start a family one of the first things you do is research everything from how to conceive quickly and tips and tricks about conception and pregnancy. In reality there are no tricks to falling pregnant quickly and enhancing your chances of pregnancy. Having spent a lot of time on TTC boards I have come across them all, here are just some of the most common and silliest conception myths.
- Keeping your legs elevated after sex will help draw the sperm closer to the egg. It is recommended that women should not stand up straight after sex and lay with their legs up for up to 30 minutes. Even doctors say it makes no difference, who has the time to do that? When a man ejaculates the sperm is already well on its way to the egg, so there is no need to look silly with your legs in the air.
- You should only have sex missionary style or rear entry to keep sperm closer to the cervix. It does help but many people have fallen pregnant by having sex standing up, girl on top and even in the water. Having sex in the same position gets boring, it’s more important than ever to have a fun sex life even when TTC.
- Folic acid and prenatal vitamins help you conceive? This is completely wrong; folic acid is to prevent spina bifida which is higher in pregnant women who do not take folic acid. Prenatal vitamins only help make your body healthier and in optimum form for when you are pregnant, so you have a healthy pregnancy and labour.
- Everyone has a ‘normal’ or regular cycle. This is also false textbooks describe women having an average 28day cycle when this is far from the truth. Cycles vary from 26 – 40+ days, if your cycles vary too much from month to month you may need medical help to regulate them. Having varied cycles makes it harder to time sex to fall pregnant.
- If you have a positive OPK you will ovulate. OPK’s test to see if LH rises, this is the last hormone to peak before ovulation, it doesn’t mean ovulation will take place though. Stress and medication can prevent you from ovulating, if it happens often you may need to seek treatment to kick start ovulation.
- If you take clomid you will have multiples. Clomid patients rarely have multiples but it can happen, there is only a 10% chance of conceiving more than one child through clomid. If you want twins the best thing to do s have IVF.
These are just some myths surrounding conception; it doesn’t surprise me how many silly questions there are flying around out there. So if you need advice don’t rely on internet forums see your doctor or nurse who will further be able to advice you safely and properly.
Years ago there used to be a lot of awareness for people going abroad and getting temporary henna tattoos. The majority of henna tattoos are applied using natural henna but there are a small minority who have experienced black henna tattoos with devastating side effects.
Henna tattoos are popular all over the world but not many people know what henna actually is. Henna is a plant or small tree that is used for the dye in their leaves; it is a natural dye that doesn’t irritate the skin. Natural henna is usually dark brown or red in colour, it is commonly used in Africa and Asia as bridal art on the hands and feet of the bride. Henna is also used to dye leather and wool and can also be found in natural henna hair dye.
Black henna does not contain henna that is grown but chemicals such as PPD that can cause very severe reaction to the skin. These include blistering, burning, rash and permanent scarring. There have been many holidaymakers that have had black henna tattoos when on holiday and have ended up permanently scarred.
There was a little boy who went to Turkey and had a few black henna tattoos on his arms, they started to blister and his skin started to pus. When he went to the doctor he had to be given antibiotics and cream. He is now allergic to rubber, household cleaning products, sun cream and many more things. It has ruined his life as the chemicals in the henna have made him sensitive to many things. He cannot even play most sports in his school because of the severe allergic reaction his skin had to the henna.
Next time you go on holiday do not be tempted to have a henna tattoo as you don’t really know what’s in there. Research well and if possible buy your own henna and do it yourself. There are professional henna artists that use real natural henna a instead of black henna but unless you do your research it’s hard for you to know which is real.